ASC (plural ASCs)
- Initialism of altered state of consciousness.
2005, Michael J. Gilmour, Call Me the Seeker, page 244:
- Ravers listen to technomusic at home, and some have commented that certain tracks of music can elicit ASC similar to the ones experienced at raves.
- (medicine) Initialism of ambulatory surgery center.
2000, Michael Lavan, “Facilities for Ambulatory Surgery. Part A: The Freestanding Ambulatory Surgery Center”, in H. Randolph Bailey; Michael J. Snyder, editors, Ambulatory Anorectal Surgery, Springer, →ISBN, page 1:
- The ambulatory surgery center (ASC) differs from the general hospital (GH) in several respects. […] The ASC has many advantages over the GH facility, some of which are financial and others related to patient flow and satisfaction. Clearly, a facility that has a limited purpose and scope can eliminate many services and costs that are necessary in the GH.
- (Australia) Initialism of Australian Sports Commission.
- (Canada) Initialism of Advertising Standards Canada.
- (Britain) Initialism of Association of Speakers Clubs.
- (Britain) Initialism of Avon and Somerset Constabulary.
- (computing) Abbreviation of ASCII.
- CSA (Canadian Space Agency)