Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: absolutes
- plural of
- 1992, Manju Jain, T.S. Eliot and American Philosophy: The Harvard Years, page 98:
- [...] and expressing his detestation of 'the Absolutes and the dragooned myths by which people seek to cancel the passing ideal.'
- 2003, Raya Dunayevskaya, Philosophy and Revolution: From Hegel to Sartre, and from Marx to Mao, page 43:
- [...] even if you read Geist as God, the Absolutes have so earthy a quality, [...]
- 2007, Clifford Barrett Contemporary Idealism in America, page 326
- ... in short, who have felt that the Absolutes of the older Idealists did less than justice to the character of inexhaustible novelty and creative fecundity in the Universe.