(Redirected from African Lily)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Any of certain flowering plants of the genus Agapanthus, especially Agapanthus umbellatus.
- 1828, Thomas Ignatius M. Forster, Circle of the Seasons, and Perpetual Key to the Calendar and Almanack, page 204:
- African Lily Agapanthus umbellatus full fl.
- The African Lily is a beautiful blue umbelled liliaceous flower, having long contorted roots, and blowing in July.
- 2003, Beth Moore, A Woman and Her God, page 215:
- As Gene and I began to really look at our backyard, we discovered tall, magnificent lilac-colored African lilies, and, to my surprise, our yard displayed its own vibrant orange, white, and blue birds of paradise.
- 2010, Avionne Anthony, The Witness, page 146:
- But not just ordinary roses or tulips, she had majestic African lilies and exotic oriental orchids.
- (some in Agapanthus): agapanthus
- (some in Agapanthus): lily of the Nile