Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A species of cat, Leopardus jacobitus, that lives in the Andes.
2008, Mark Carwardine, Animal Records, page 44:
- The Andean cat (Leopardus jacobitus) is rarely found below 3000 m (9840 ft) and, in Peru at least, is known to range up to at least 5100 m (16,728 ft).
- 2010, Anja Mutic, Kate Armstrong, Paul Smith, Bolivia, Lonely Planet, page 50,
- Other precious wild highland species include foxes and tarukas (Andean deer), the mysterious Andean cat and the titi monkey.
- 2013, Rob White, 15: Eco-global criminology and the political economy of environmental harm, Nigel South, Avi Brisman (editors), Routledge International Handbook of Green Criminology, page 253,
- For example, the native woodlands demolished for cash crops such as GMO soybeans in Argentina have a major impact on the habitats of animals such as pumas, jaguars, Andean cats and tapirs, which cannot live outside this particular ecosystem (Robin 2010: 271).