Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Pertaining to the period of Norman rule of England, 1066–1154.
- Pertaining to Normans in England after the Norman Conquest.
- Relating to their language.
pertaining to the Norman rule of England
pertaining to Normans in England after the Norman Conquest
relating to the Anglo-Norman language
Anglo-Norman (plural Anglo-Normans)
Norman who settled in England
- The Old French dialect spoken in England by the ruling classes after the Norman Conquest, or the form of this dialect used in English law until the 17th century.
- “Anglo-Norman” in The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition, Boston, Mass.: Houghton Mifflin, 2000, →ISBN.
- “Anglo-Norman” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, Dictionary.com, LLC, 1995–present.
- "Anglo-Norman" in WordNet 2.0, Princeton University, 2003.