(Redirected from Appendix:Proto-Sino-Tibetan/g-rjum)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Proto-Sino-Tibetan: *gryam (Coblin, 1986), *gyam(ʔ) (Chou, 1972)
- Proto-Tibeto-Burman: *g-ryum, *gryum (Matisoff, STEDT; Benedict, 1972; Chou, 1972; LaPolla, 1987)
- Old Chinese: 鹽 (*ɴ.rom (B-S), *g.lam (ZS), “salt”); 鹽 (*ɴ.rom-s (B-S), *g.lams (ZS), “to salt”); 鹹 (*Cə.ɡˁrom (B-S, *grɯːm (ZS), “salty”)
- Note: Vowels of the two above did not match in MC, and some (e.g. Schuessler) have therefore treated them as unrelated. Here that possibility is considered unlikely, hence treated as doublets.
- Jingpho [Kachin]: jum (“salt”)
- Sgaw: ဟီ (hō, “salty”)