Reconstruction talk:Frankish/siniskalk

Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search


This word has a cognate in German (MHG sëneschalt) and Gothic (siniskalks). It may be descended from Proto-Germanic *siniskalkaz. Leasnam (talk) 18:42, 21 May 2013 (UTC)

Is the Gothic word actually attested? —CodeCat 18:47, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
Hmm.... Leasnam (talk) 18:54, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
Apparently, only as much as the Frankish word is lol :p Leasnam (talk) 18:55, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
It's thought to be a calque of Late Latin senior scholaris so it's hard to say which Germanic language it entered first. --Victar (talk) 19:05, 21 May 2013 (UTC)