User talk:DCDuring/List of sequenced animal genomes
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
This discussion is no longer live and is left here as an archive. Please do not modify this conversation, but feel free to discuss its conclusions.
- It has two funtions:
- yet another list of taxa that might appear in books and articles
- a target for links from the entries, which link also served to mark the taxa as modern model organisms.
- About 35 taxon entries link to it. Fewer than 50 of the taxa in the Appendix have entries.
- Done The first function is served just about as well if it were a user page, especially now that we have Wiktionary:Redlink dumps Done.
- Done The second function could be served better by linking to the corresponding WP appendix, which is actively maintained and seems to have 50% more entries.
- IOW, I don't really care, but would like to have enough time to replace the links with WP links. DCDuring TALK 02:15, 9 January 2016 (UTC)
- Move to userspace and replace links with links to the (better) version at Wikipedia. —Μετάknowledgediscuss/deeds 02:37, 9 January 2016 (UTC)
- The redirect page at Appendix:List of sequenced animal genomes can be deleted when the discussion is complete. DCDuring TALK 02:42, 9 January 2016 (UTC)
- Moved (some time ago, and I just deleted the redirect). - -sche (discuss) 10:01, 18 August 2016 (UTC)