Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Abbreviation of Armenian.
- Armb (obsolete)
From Old High German arm, from Proto-Germanic *armaz, from Proto-Indo-European *h₂ermos, *h₂ŕ̥mos, an extension of *h₂er- (“to fit together, to link, to join”). Cognate with Dutch arm, English arm, Swedish arm.
- IPA(key): /(ʔ)aʁm/ (standard)
- IPA(key): /(ʔ)aːm/ (widespread, esp. northern and central Germany)
Audio (Germany) (file) Audio (Austria) (file)
- (anatomy) an arm
- (textiles) a sleeve
- anything that resembles an arm (for example parts of a device, machine, etc.)
- (geography) an arm of a creek or a river
- (figuratively) a branch, a section of a structure
Declension of Arm
- Körper m
- Arm in Duden online