Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: bey
- As a north German and Dutch surname, variant of Beye, Baye, vowel variants of the Danish surname Boye.
- Also as a German surname, Germanized from Lower Sorbian baj (“storyteller”), from Proto-Slavic *bajь, related to *bajati (“to tell”). Compare Bay.
- As a French surname, from several placenames in France, from a regional variant of bief (“mill-race”).
- As an Islamic surname (generally Algeria), from Turkish bey (see Beg). See also Pasha, Agha.
Bey (plural Beys)
- A surname.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Bey is the 6265th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 5453 individuals. Bey is most common among Black/African American (64.07%) and White (21.29%) individuals.