Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /siː ɛs ˈɛs/
- (General American) enPR: sē' ĕs' ĕsʹ, IPA(key): /ˌsi ˌɛs ˈɛs/
- Rhymes: -ɛs
- (Web design) Initialism of (a style sheet language).
- (aviation, travel) Initialism of (a GDS code used on older types of airline keyboards).
- (historical, nautical, military) Initialism of (the designation for a commissioned warship operated by the Confederate States Navy).
- (media, DVD) Initialism of .
- 2008, John W. Hazard, Copyright Law in Business and Practice, West Group, →ISBN, page 86:
- The CSS has found its most productive use in DVDs containing motion pictures, and the movie industry invested heavily in the technology employed to produce CSSs in order to avoid the kind of mass copying that became prevalent with regard to music CDs in the late 1990s.
- (medicine) Initialism of .
- (military, astronautics) NATO prefix-code for Chinese surface-to-surface missile systems developed by the People's Republic of China.
- (nautical) Initialism of (the designation for a survey ship operated by the Canadian Hydrographic Service).
- (Web design) A Cascading Style Sheets style sheet; a cascading style sheet.
- 2009, J.D. Applen; Rudy McDaniel, The Rhetorical Nature of XML: Constructing Knowledge in Networked Environments, New York, N.Y.; London: Routledge, →ISBN, page 162:
- One needs only to decide upon a series of rules to define the functionality of a CSS and then to decide how to implement that sheet, either directly within their HTML document, or by using an externally linked file.
- 2013, Frania Hall, The Business of Digital Publishing: An Introduction to the Digital Book and Journal Industries, Routledge, →ISBN, page 22:
- A marked-up document can have a CSS linked to it, but a user may have a CSS on their machine that will override it, which can cause problems sometimes and can need checking where publishers need to be sure the content is accurately presented.
- 2014, Alberto Souza, Practical Play Framework: Focus on What Is Really Important, Editora Casa do Código, →ISBN:
- Now, the first thing we will do is to alter our listing page to respect the layout of the original Agendatech, importing the CSSs.
- 2021, Prashant Joshi, Introduction to IT Systems, Khanna Book Publishing Co. (P) Ltd., published 2022, →ISBN, page 110:
- Create a CSS with the following rules: a. Set the text color for the page to "#ff6600", and the text color for <h1> to "IndianRed".
- (space travel, aviation) Initialism of (a method of Space Shuttle flight control).
- (sports) Initialism of .
- Initialism of .
- 2006, Annie E. Hill; Eric S. Lander; Joseph H. Nadeau, “Chromosome Substitution Strains: A New Way to Study Genetically Complex Traits”, in Qing K. Wang, editor, Cardiovascular Disease: Methods and Protocols (Methods in Molecular Medicine), volume I (Genetics), Humana Press, →ISBN, page 160:
- However, the gender of the mice, and, hence, the “direction” of the cross, is important to ensure that the X and Y chromosomes and the mitochondria are derived from the host strain in autosomal CSSs.
- 2008, Wendell W. Weber, Pharmacogenetics, second edition, Oxford University Press, →ISBN, page 288:
- CSS models are also advantageous for detecting a given QTL in the presence of many other QTLs. In comparing results of published mapping studies, as many, and usually substantially more, QTLs were detected with CSSs than with F2 intercrosses of comparable size.
- (Canada): HMCS, CCGS
- (Confederate States of America): USS
- (NATO): SS
- CSS (disambiguation) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- ^ The Encyclopaedia of Sports Medicine: An IOC Medical Commission Publication, Endurance in Sport, John Wiley & Sons, 2008-04-30, →ISBN: “During recent years a variety of non-invasive tests have been suggested. One of the most interesting is the method of critical swim speed (CSS), described by Wakayoshi et al. (1992)”