Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Any of several place names in England:
- a village in the borough of Bedford, Bedfordshire (OS grid ref SP9555).
- a village in South Cambridgeshire district, Cambridgeshire (OS grid ref TL6453).
- a village in Stockton-on-Tees borough, County Durham (OS grid ref NZ3921).
- a village and parish in Leicestershire (OS grid ref SK3905).
- a suburb of Nottingham in the borough of Gedling, Nottinghamshire (OS grid ref SK6141).
- a village in Suffolk Coastal district, Suffolk (OS grid ref TM3864).
- a village in Richmondshire district, North Yorkshire (OS grid ref SE0684)
- a village and parish in Selby district, North Yorkshire (OS grid ref SE6424).
- a village in the borough of Barnsley, South Yorkshire (OS grid ref SE3610).
- a village in the borough of the City of Leeds, West Yorkshire (OS grid ref SE3327).
- A habitational surname. from any of these places.
- A southern suburb of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
- An inner suburb of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- A neighbourhood in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- A hamlet in Rosthern Rural Municipality, Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Various places in the United States of America:
- an unincorporated community and CDP in Clarke County, Alabama.
- a small city in Madison County, Georgia.
- a tiny city in Dickinson County, Kansas.
- a small city in Minnesota, and the county seat of Carlton County.
- a town in Orleans County, New York.
- a city in Yamhill County, Oregon.
- an unincorporated community in Hamilton County, Texas.
- an unincorporated community in Okanogan County, Washington.
- a town in Kewaunee County, Wisconsin.
- A settlement on Saint Croix, United States Virgin Islands.