Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|Recent additions to the category|
|Oldest pages ordered by last edit|
English lemmas, categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:English adjectives: English terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:English adverbs: English terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:English conjunctions: English terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:English determiners: English terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:English interjections: English terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:English morphemes: English word-elements used to form full words.
- Category:English nouns: English terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:English numerals: English terms that quantify nouns.
- Category:English particles: English terms that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:English phrases: English groups of words elaborated to express ideas, not necessarily phrases in the grammatical sense.
- Category:English postpositions: English adpositions that are placed after their objects.
- Category:English prepositions: English adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:English pronouns: English terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:English verbs: English terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► English conjunctions (2 c, 262 e)
- ► English determiners (2 c, 167 e)
- ► English interjections (1 c, 2646 e)
- ► English morphemes (8 c, 0 e)
- ► English verbs (22 c, 35774 e)
Pages in category "English lemmas"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 469,203 total.(previous page) (next page)
(previous page) (next page)
- 1 Chr
- 1 Chron.
- 1 Chronicles
- 1 Cor
- 1 Cor.
- 1 Corinthians
- 1 gauge
- 1 Jn
- 1 John
- 1 KG
- 1 Kgs
- 1 Kings
- 1 Macc.
- 1 Maccabees
- 1 Pet.
- 1 Peter
- 1 Sam.
- 1 Samuel
- 1 Thess.
- 1 Thessalonians
- 1 Tim.
- 1 Timothy
- 1-2-3 block
- 1-D RCM
- 1-h TL FM
- 1/4 d
- 10 Downing Street
- 10 points to Gryffindor
- 10-day measles
- 10-foot user interface
- 10-undecenoic acid
- 10/40 Window
- 100 meters
- 100 metres
- 100 percent
- 100-year flood
- 10000 meters
- 10000 metres
- 10th Cir.
- 10th grade
- 11 Bang-Bang
- 11 Downing Street
- 11-plus examination
- 110 proof
- 11th Cir.
- 11th grade
- 11th hour
- 12-hour clock
- 12-ounce curls
- 120 reset