Category:Georgian parts of speech
» Georgian language » Parts of speech
Georgian terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Georgian adjectives: Georgian terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Georgian adverbs: Georgian terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Georgian conjunctions: Georgian terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Georgian determiners: Georgian terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Georgian interjections: Georgian terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Georgian nouns: Georgian terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Georgian numerals: Georgian terms that quantify nouns.
This category lists only terms of the grammatical "numeral" part of speech, and not all number words may in fact be grammatically numerals. See Category:ka:Cardinal numbers and Category:ka:Ordinal numbers for more complete lists.
- Category:Georgian particles: Georgian terms that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Georgian postpositions: Georgian adpositions that are placed after their objects.
- Category:Georgian prepositions: Georgian adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Georgian pronouns: Georgian terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Georgian verbs: Georgian terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.