Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Icelandic language » Etymologies
Icelandic terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:Icelandic blends: Icelandic words formed by combinations of other words.
- Category:Icelandic compound words: Icelandic words composed of two or more stems.
- Category:Icelandic neologisms: Icelandic terms that have been only recently acknowledged.
- Category:Icelandic eponyms: Icelandic terms derived from names of real or fictitious people.
- Category:Icelandic twice-borrowed terms: Icelandic terms that were borrowed from another language that originally borrowed the term from Icelandic.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.