Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Irish language » Etymologies
Irish terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:Irish apocopic forms: Irish words that underwent apocope, thus their origin involved a loss or omission of a sound or syllable from their end.
- Category:Irish blends: Irish words formed by combinations of other words.
- Category:Irish compound words: Irish words composed of two or more stems.
- Category:Irish calques: Irish terms formed by piece-by-piece translations of terms from other languages.
- Category:Irish twice-borrowed terms: Irish terms that were borrowed from another language that originally borrowed the term from Irish.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.