Category:Sanskrit parts of speech
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Sanskrit language » Parts of speech
Sanskrit terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Sanskrit adjectives: Sanskrit terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Sanskrit adverbs: Sanskrit terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Sanskrit conjunctions: Sanskrit terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Sanskrit determiners: Sanskrit terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Sanskrit interjections: Sanskrit terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Sanskrit nouns: Sanskrit terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Sanskrit numerals: Sanskrit terms that indicate quantities of nouns.
- Category:Sanskrit particles: Sanskrit terms that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Sanskrit prepositions: Sanskrit adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Sanskrit pronouns: Sanskrit terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Sanskrit verbs: Sanskrit terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.