Category:Slovak parts of speech
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Slovak language » Parts of speech
Slovak terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Slovak adjectives: Slovak terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Slovak adverbs: Slovak terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Slovak conjunctions: Slovak terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Slovak interjections: Slovak terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Slovak nouns: Slovak terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Slovak numerals: Slovak terms that indicate quantities of nouns.
- Category:Slovak particles: Slovak terms that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Slovak prepositions: Slovak adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Slovak pronouns: Slovak terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Slovak verbs: Slovak terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.