Category:Swahili parts of speech
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Swahili language » Parts of speech
Swahili terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Swahili adjectives: Swahili terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Swahili adverbs: Swahili terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Swahili conjunctions: Swahili terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Swahili interjections: Swahili terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Swahili nouns: Swahili terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Swahili numerals: Swahili terms that quantify nouns.
- Category:Swahili particles: Swahili terms that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Swahili prepositions: Swahili adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Swahili pronouns: Swahili terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Swahili verbs: Swahili terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.