Category:Tahitian parts of speech
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Tahitian language » Parts of speech
Tahitian terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Tahitian adjectives: Tahitian terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Tahitian adverbs: Tahitian terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Tahitian articles: Tahitian terms that indicate and specify nouns.
- Category:Tahitian conjunctions: Tahitian terms that connect words, phrases or clauses together.
- Category:Tahitian determiners: Tahitian terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Tahitian interjections: Tahitian terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Tahitian nouns: Tahitian terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Tahitian particles: Tahitian terms that do not belong to any of the inflected grammatical word classes, often lacking their own grammatical functions and forming other parts of speech or expressing the relationship between clauses.
- Category:Tahitian prepositions: Tahitian adpositions that are placed before their objects.
- Category:Tahitian pronouns: Tahitian terms that refer to and substitute nouns.
- Category:Tahitian verbs: Tahitian terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.