Category:Xhosa parts of speech
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
» Xhosa language » Parts of speech
Xhosa terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Xhosa adjectives: Xhosa terms that give attributes to nouns, extending their definitions.
- Category:Xhosa adverbs: Xhosa terms that modify clauses, sentences and phrases directly.
- Category:Xhosa determiners: Xhosa terms that reference nouns, expressing their contexts directly.
- Category:Xhosa interjections: Xhosa terms that express emotions, sounds, etc. as exclamations.
- Category:Xhosa nouns: Xhosa terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:Xhosa numerals: Xhosa terms that indicate quantities of nouns.
- Category:Xhosa verbs: Xhosa terms that indicate actions, occurrences or states.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.