Jump to navigation Jump to search
English citations of agape
- 1923, Arthur Michael Samuel, “Roubiliac (1695-1762)”, in The Mancroft essays, page 159:
- There I stand, agape like any country bumpkin
- 1980, Joel Flegler, Fanfare, volume 3, number 4-6, page 198:
- That's all well and good; one can sit, agape, reading the copious liner notes to this or any Explorer record, but it's what's inside the jacket that counts.
- 1996, Lech J. Majewski; Julian Schnabel, Basquiat:
- The restaurant staff and OTHER DINNER GUESTS watch, agape.
- 2005 September 24, “Angry Surfers Say Cage-Diving Changes Great White's Way”, in Wall Street Journal:
- "This is Sammy 91," he told the two dozen tourists watching agape."