Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of basestock
- 2007, “NYCO Synthetic Lubricants”, English Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation:
- High thermal stability, low volatility and low pour point make the synthetic basestocks (PAO or ester-based) a product of choice for lubricants of machinery operating at extremely high temperatures, extremely low temperatures, or both.
- 2008, “Linear alpha olefin”, English Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation:
- The predominant application of 1-decene is in making polyalphaolefin synthetic lubricant basestock (PAO) and to make, in a blend with higher linear alpha olefins, surfactants.
- 2008, “Lubricant”, English Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation:
- Basestock fractionally vacuum distilled from used lubricants has superior properties to all natural oils, but cost effectiveness depends on many factors.