Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of crystal#Noun
1961, Moelwyn-Hughes, E.A., Physical Chemistry:
- The consummate symmetry of the commonest crystals - with their plane facets and well-defined angles of intersection - leads very naturally to the supposition that their constituents, be they molecules, atoms or ions, are regularly arranged in a repetitive pattern.
English citations of crystal#Adverb
2009, Ida Byrd-Hill, Follow Your Inner Compass Teen, page 31:
- You can sweep the sidewalk and your porch until it is crystal clean.
2010, Jodi Lynn Anderson, Loser/Queen, page 160:
- The skies had cleared, and it was crystal cold and bright.
English citations of crystal#Adjective
c 1907, Mark Twain, Chapters from My Autobiography, page 124:
- His language is not unclear, it is crystal:
1941 March 2, “England's Left Face to Be Gradual Affair”, in Daily Boston Globe:
- While Bevin may some day become Prime Minister, it is crystal that under present conditions no-one could successfully challenge Churchill's […]
1988 July 3, “DUMP MAY DELAY SILVER LAKES”, in Miami Herald, The:
- It's something that we're going to do to make sure that it is crystal water.
2002 January 10, The Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe, “Re: Political correctness 'putting lives at risk'”, in uk.gov.local, Usenet:
- And one way of finding out if someone is 'straight' is by harassing them sexually until it becomes crystal that they are not interested.
2007, Sid Nasr, Passing the American Charivari, page 29:
- We were both drawn to similar books and ideas and even spoke alike. He learned things from me, but it was crystal that I learned far more from him.
2009, Ira Wood, The Kitchen Man, page 137:
- On a winter morning it is crystal sweetness and simplicity.