Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of homophobe
an anti-homosexual person
- 1997, Stephen Fry, Moab Is My Washpot: An Autobiography, London: Hutchinson, ISBN 9780091801618, LCCN 2002483525, OL 3646027M:
- That one can love another of the same gender, that is what the homophobe really cannot stand.
- 2001 April 23, Henry Rollins, Talk Is Cheap, Volume I:
- If you're against gay marriage, just be honest, put a scarlet 'H' on your shirt, and say, "I am a homophobe!"
- 2006, Robert Ordona quoting Ang Lee, “"Brokeback Mountain" — as gay as it gets: An interview with Ang Lee”, Gay.com, accessed on 2006-05-19:
- To me, Ennis stands for the conservative side of America. He's the biggest homophobe in the whole movie — culturally and psychologically — but by the time he admits his feelings, it's too late.
French citations of homophobe
- 2003, Jack-Alain Léger, Tartuffe fait ramadan, Editions Denoël, page 17:
- Comment faire autrement si l'islam se montre athéophobe, éleuthéiophobe, apostasiophobe, gynophobe, homophobe, judéophobe, hétérophobe, exogamophobe, érotophobe, eidolophobe, oenophobe, et j'en passe?