Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of overskies
- 1922, Stephan Gwynn quoting Mary Kingsley, “A Lover of Justice”, in Garden Wisdom, or, From One Generation to Another, New York: Macmillan:
- […] it don't matter whether X. has been consigned to paradise stamped R.C. as he undoubtedly now is or no, for I do not believe that the Merchandise Marks Act runs overskies, and X.'s soul get confiscated for 'false labelling and declaration.'
- 1962, Ben Orkow, When Time Stood Still, Signet, page 152:
- "Every fourth year is parlous," I replied to his question with quiet dignity, "because what could be more dangerous to our beloved land — and its colonies overskies — than to choose the wrong man for President?"
- 1966 February, Allen Kim Lang, “Mulligan, Come Home!”, Galaxy Magazine, volume 24, number 3, page 149:
- Did Mulligan Mondrian, who after all had studied xenology at the prestigious School of Overskies Studies, have any explanation of the Brunswick Creature's distress?