Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of portmanteau word
- 1984 "Popular Science" - March 1984 - Page 116
- "Swatch" is a portmanteau word for the new $30- to-$35 quartz-analog Swiss watch that's manufactured by ETA of Switzerland.
- 1992 "CIO magazine" 1 May 1992
- In the late 1930s, a portmanteau word was formed to blend the world of glittering celebrities with these intellectuals: glitterati.
- 2002 Joseph Mark Conte, "Design and debris: a chaotics of postmodern American fiction" - Page 223
- “Chaosmos” is James Joyce's portmanteau word for the interrelation of chaos and cosmos, disorder and order.