Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of rapprochement
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 1892 - James Sulley, "Is Man the Only Reasoner?" Popular Science, February 1892
- Not forever, however, was the animal world to suffer this indignity at the hands of man. Thinkers themselves prepared the wat for a rapprochement between the two.
- 1913 - "GERMANS NOT CORDIAL.; Scout French Talk of Rapprochement Almost with Gruffness.", The New York Times, October 12, 1913.
- The comment in the leading German newspapers would indicate that there is little enthusiasm in Germany for a rapprochment with France.
- 1926 - "FRENCH POLICY: Rapprochement with Germany", The Sydney Morning Herald, December 2, 1926
- Continuing, M. Briand said that lasting European peace was impossible without a Franco-German rapprochement.