Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of rejuvenile
Noun: "(informal) an adult whose interests and activities are characteristic of those of children"
|2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008|
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 2003 — Christopher Noxon, "I Don't Want to Grow Up!", The New York Times, 31 August 2003:
- They are something else: grown-ups who cultivate juvenile tastes in products and entertainment. Call them rejuveniles.
- 2004 — Carol Carysforth & Mike Neild, Business, Heinemann Educational Publishers (2004), ISBN 0435401386, page 113:
- Market research and advertising companies have recently identified a new group of customers and labelled them kidults, adultescents or the rejuvenile generation.
- 2005 — Andrew Holmes & Dan Wilson, Pains in the Office: 50 People You Absolutely, Definitely Must Avoid at Work, Capstone Books (2005), ISBN 1841126152, unnumbered page:
- It seems that Generation X has been hit by a wave of immaturity and that anyone between the ages of 18 and 49 is now considered to be a rejuvenile.
- 2006 — Megan McCafferty, Charmed Things, Three Rivers Press (2006), ISBN 9781400080434, page 206:
- Thankfully, the latter showed her personality as the only child on the playground wearing flowered rubber galoshes, a Spider-Man T-shirt, a pink sparkly tutu, a foam rubber Statue of Liberty crown, and a plastic sheath for a sword, only without the weapon. It looked like something Dexy would wear if she were in a "rejuvenile" mood.
- 2006 — Christopher Noxon, Rejuvenile: Kickball, Cartoons, Cupcakes, and the Reinvention of the American Grown-Up, Three Rivers Press (2006), ISBN 9781400080892, page 15:
- Whatever your conclusion — whether rejuveniles are ushering in a new era of freedom or leading a mass movement of irresponsibility — the fact is that rejuveniles are dramatically redefining what it means to be an adult.
- 2007 — Tony Dokoupil, "Forty-Year-Old Virgins", Newsweek, 15 December 2007:
- At $15 to $30 for each action figure, re-staffing the Cobra Command center (home to G.I. Joe's arch-nemesis, Cobra Commander) isn't cheap. So what's driving this rejuvenile movement? Marketing, mostly.
- 2008 — Joel Stein, "Hard Sell", Best Life, September 2008:
- I'm incredibly relieved to know that, at 37, unmarried with no kids, he is the same kind of rejuvenile as every guy I know.