Jump to navigation Jump to search
Attributed to Computer Scientist Michael K. Bergman, 2001.
- (computing, Internet) The portion of the World Wide Web that is not indexed by conventional search engines. [from 2001]
- Synonyms: Deep Net, Invisible Web, Hidden Web
- Antonyms: Surface Web, Visible Web, Clearnet, Indexed Web, Indexable Web
- 2012, Eduard C. Dragut, Weiyi Meng, Clement Yu, Deep Web Query Interface Understanding and Integration, Morgan & Claypool Publishers (→ISBN), page 3
- In contrast, most data in the deep Web are structured data records stored in backend database systems and there are usually no hyperlinks among these data records. Due to the existence of extensive links among Web pages in the surface […]
- (computing, Internet, proscribed) The Dark Web (the part of the Web only accessible via restricted networks).
- Synonym: Dark Web
portion of the World Wide Web
Dark Web — see Dark Web