Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A Scottish surname.
- A male given name transferred from the surname.
- The capital of the Isle of Man.
- A town in Alabama
- A city in Arizona
- A city in Georgia, USA
- A town in Massachusetts
- A city in Michigan
- A village and a county in Nebraska
- A community in New Brunswick, Canada
- A city in North Dakota
- A town in Oklahoma
- A village in South Lanarkshire, Scotland
- A town in Northern Cape, South Africa
- A town in Wisconsin
- A city in Wyoming
- 1598, William Shakespeare, Henry IV, Part 1: Act IV, Scene V:
- The noble Scot, Lord Douglas, when he saw
- The fortune of the day quite turn'd from him
- The noble Percy slain, and all his men
- Upon the foot of fear, fled with the rest.
- 1756 John Home, Douglas: A Tragedy, Prologue
- Douglas, a name through all the world renown'd,
- A name that rouses like the trumpet's sound!
- 1960 Muriel Spark, The Ballad of Peckham Rye, New Directions Publishing, 1999, page 68-69
- 'Just call me Dougal,' said Dougal.
- 'Douglas,' she said, pronouncing it 'Dooglass'.
- 'No, Dougal - Douglas is my surname.'
- 'Oh, Dougal Douglas. Dougal's the first name.'
capital of the Isle of Man
- Douglas (in the Isle of Man)
- Douglas (capital of the Isle of Man)