Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Rhyme with Emancipation Proclamation, a well-known presidential proclamation in US history.
- (humorous) U.S. President Bill Clinton's admission that he had had an "improper physical relationship" with Monica Lewinsky.
1998 August 19, Colin M. Alberts, “Hitler 1933”, in soc.history.what-if, Usenet:
- I accepted it as the 'momentary lapse of judgment' before posting a 'not appropriate' message to the newsgroup of a person who merely 'volunteered' to articulate a scenario that may have been on some Americans' minds in the hours following their watching of the Ejaculation Proclamation.
1998 August 20, Scott Sprintz, “Embassy bombs retaliated”, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.flight-sim, Usenet:
- Not sure what nation you're from or the nature of its legal system, but would you and your countrymen be concerned if serious allegations arose causing your leader of perjury, subornation of perjury and obstruction of justice? The great misperception is that it's about sex. Anyone who saw the "Ejaculation Proclamation" speech Monday night should know that's exactly what the Prez wants us to think -- it's between him, Hillary and his God. It's not.
- Most Outrageous Word of the Year, American Dialect Society
- Bär, Jochen A. (2003) Von "aufmüpfig" bis "Teuro": die "Wörter der Jahre" 1971-2002 (in German), Dudenverlag, page 82