- (transitive) To make (something) more French in appearance or character.
- This café likes to Frenchify the names of its dishes to make them sound better than they actually are — they call their fish and chips "poisson-frites".
- (intransitive) To become more French.
- (The addition of quotations indicative of this usage is being sought):
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.