Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: herculean
- Of extraordinary might, power, size, etc.; of or relating to Hercules in size or strength.
- Requiring a huge amount of work; of extraordinary difficulty.
- a Herculean labour, a Herculean task
- 1748, Tobias George Smollett, The Adventures of Roderick Random
- He replied in a dry manner, that I would find it a Herculean task to chastise everybody who should laugh at my expense;
- 2006: Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear, commenting on the Bugatti Veyron
- The guys at Volkswagen have a Herculean task.
of extraordinary might, power, size, etc.