See also: Appendix:Variations of "im"
- Initialism of intramuscular.
IM (plural IMs)
- Initialism of idea management.
- The paper discusses the development of a performance measurement methodology for Idea Management (IM), i.e., a system that supports nonprofessional innovation as a way to the continuous improvement of organisations.
- (computing) Initialism of Information Management.
- (Internet) Initialism of instant message.
- I never got your IM last night.
- (Internet) Initialism of instant messaging.
- 2007, Bill Daley, Computers Are Your Future, page 70:
- Another threat to the use of IM is a phenomenon known as spimming. Spimming is to IM as spam is to e-mail. Some aggressive spimmers learned how to take over one IMer's contact list — threatening a company's entire IM system!
- (swimming) Initialism of individual medley.
- Initialism of to instant message. (typically sent/received by cell phone, PDA, or computer)
- IM me when you get home.