- Meaning? The subpage system is what they all should use. — Vildricianus 18:40, 20 July 2006 (UTC)
- The two main improvements I'm talking about are:
- horizontal two character index at top and bottom of page (or even top and bottom of each subsection)
- multi-column arrangement.
- --Connel MacKenzie 18:45, 20 July 2006 (UTC)
- Probably. Up to whoever fills up these pages. — Vildricianus 18:48, 20 July 2006 (UTC)
I've updated the Index, building it automatically from the English entries, following an idea suggested by SemperBlotto. I've removed any entry that contain a " ". Also, I'd like to remove plurals, but don't know how yet... Please report any comment Kipmaster 16:33, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
- Á, Æ, É, Î, Ö, ä, æ, é, ö, ø, ü, Č, œ, Š are wrongly sorted.
Great work... again!
Can I just say... this Index is awesome, so awesome it should link directly from the home page if it doesn't already. I love its simplicity! Fantastic work! :) Tooironic 10:39, 19 February 2010 (UTC)
prepositions of words
aimed pointing apologized applied hoped send arrested blamed criticized exchange
- Most of these words can take several different prepositions depending on the desired meaning (e.g. "I apologised to her for the delay"). Equinox ◑ 06:57, 31 December 2014 (UTC)
This discussion is no longer live and is left here as an archive. Please do not modify this conversation, but feel free to discuss its conclusions.
Should we delete this, since it hasn't been updated since 2012, and Category:English lemmas (which is updated automatically with every new entry) seems to serve the same purpose? Equinox ◑ 19:35, 16 January 2015 (UTC)
- We should keep it (and update it if possible). The index contains the PoS and audio links, plus you can jump closer to a certain word from the first page using the TOC. The lemma category can't do these. --Panda10 (talk) 19:48, 16 January 2015 (UTC)