Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: juliet
- A female given name.
- One of the main characters of William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet.
- c. 1591–1595, William Shakespeare, “The Tragedie of Romeo and Ivliet”, in Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies: Published According to the True Originall Copies (First Folio), London: Printed by Isaac Iaggard, and Ed[ward] Blount, published 1623, OCLC 606515358, [Act V, (please specify the scene number in lowercase Roman numerals)]:, Scene III:
- For never was a story of more woe / Than this of Juliet and her Romeo.
- A woman who is or is with a great lover.
- By analogy with the Shakespearean character, a woman who is in love with a man from a family, party, or country opposing that of her own.
- (astronomy) The sixth moon of the planet Uranus.
- The letter J in the ICAO spelling alphabet.
female given name
character in Romeo and Juliet