Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A female given name borrowed from Hawaiian.
- A female given name, popular since the end of the 19th century.
- A male given name; rare compared to the female name.
- Mary Kawena Pukui - Samuel Elbert, Hawaiian Dictionary, University of Hawaii Press 1986, page 200
- Hawaii State Archives: Marriage records The name does not appear in 19th century marriage records. Early examples:
- Leilani Mossman (female), married in 1912, Honolulu
- Edward Leilani Paaluhi, married in 1913, Molokai
- Social Security Administration: Popular Baby Names by State: Leilani was included in the top hundred first names for girls born in the State of Hawaii in 1961-1963 and 1967-2007.