Jump to navigation Jump to search
There are three possibilities:
- From the words Old English loc (“lock”).
- From Middle English loke, itself from loca (“enclosure”) or *Loca (“Loki”) (theonym of the latter).
- From Middle English locke, from locc (“lock of hair”).
- A surname.
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Lock is the 5,058th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 6,936 individuals. Lock is most common among White (76.33%) and Black (10.86%) individuals.
- Locks Heath (which may be from the surname)
German Low German
Lock n (plural Locken)