Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Appendix:Variations of "mot"
MOT (plural MOTs)
- (Britain) Ministry of Transport test; an annual test of roadworthiness for British cars over three years old.
- I can’t drive over this week, the car is in for its MOT.
- Synonym: (US) vehicle inspection
- (Britain) An aggregate which meets the Ministry of Transport standard as a compact subbase.
- It will need some MOT at the bottom and then a layer of washed sand.
- (business) management of technology.
- (electronics) microwave oven transformer
- A member of the tribe; i.e. a Jew
- 2013, Stephanie Butnick, “American Apparel’s Black Nail Polish Color is Called 'Hassid'”, in Jewcy:
- This isn’t the first time American Apparel founder Dov Charney, who is Jewish, has gotten himself in hot water with his fellow MOTs.
- (physics) magnetooptical trap
vehicle inspection — see vehicle inspection