Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A male given name from Arabic: alternative spelling of
- Alternative spelling of (the prophet who introduced Islam).
- This was the predominant spelling from the late 1700s (when it overtook Mahomet) until the 1940s, when it was overtaken by Muhammad, which see for more.
- Muhammad (prophet of Islam)
- Muhammad (see usage notes below)
- The spelling Mohammed remains the common one in German, at least when referring to the founder of Islam. The spelling Muhammad is chiefly restricted to scientific and inner-Islamic usage.