Jump to navigation Jump to search
The surname has converged from several different meanings; see Moore on Wikipedia.
- (US) IPA(key): /mʊɹ/
- (UK) IPA(key): /mɔː/ (non-rhotic, with the pour–poor merger)
- (UK) IPA(key): /mʊə(ɹ)/ (non-rhotic, without the pour–poor merger)
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɔː(r) or Rhymes: -ʊə(r)
- Homophone: moor
- Many toponymic place names, or parts of place names, derived from moor.
- An English and Irish surname similarly derived.
- Alternative spelling of .
- According to the 2010 United States Census, Moore is the 18th most common surname in the United States, belonging to 724,374 individuals. Moore is most common among White (66.4%) and Black/African American (27.7%) individuals.
- A surname, from English.