- (LGBT, neologism, uncommon) A gender-neutral title used instead of Mr (Mister), Mrs (Mistress), etc.
2010, Sassafras Lowrey (editor), Kicked Out, page 216:
- Mx. Mirage. I am a radically queer trannyboi with a big mouth.
- 2013, Heinz Duthel, Kathoey Ladyboy: Thailand’s Got Talent, Books on Demand (2013), ↑ISBN, page 84:
- It has been proposed that in addition to the honorific Mr. for male and Ms. for female, that the honorific Mx. be used for intersexuals […]
- 2014, Trans Bodies, Trans Selves (ed. Laura Erickson-Schroth), Oxford University Press (2014), ↑ISBN, page 559:
- One of the most well-known gender nonconforming cabaret artists (who now works primarily in full length cabaret shows) is Mx Justin Vivian Bond.
- 2015, Elizabeth A. Harris, "Barnard College, After Much Discussion, Decides to Accept Transgender Women", The New York Times, 4 June 2015:
- “I think the thing that was most surprising was how supportive and gung-ho a lot older alums were,” said Mx. LoSchiavo, who graduated this year (and would have been admitted under the new policy, having identified as a female at the time of application).
- (titles) (of a man): Mr (Mister, mister), Sir (sir); (of a woman): Ms (Miz, mizz), Mrs (Mistress, mistress), Miss (miss), Dame (dame), (of a non-binary person): Mx (Mixter); (see also): Dr (Doctor, doctor), Madam (madam, ma'am)