Jump to navigation Jump to search
Newtonmas (plural Newtonmases)
- (humorous) December 25, Sir Isaac Newton's birthday (in the Julian calendar).
- 1892 September 8, “"A New Sect of Hero Worshippers."”, in Nature, volume 46, number 1193, ISSN 0028-0836, page 459:
- At Christmas, 1890, or Newtonmas, 248, for the first time, the members of the Newtonkai, or Newton Association, met in the Physical Laboratory of the Imperial University, to hear each other talk, to distribute appropriate gifts, and to lengthen out the small hours with laughter and good cheer.
- 2007, “Newtonmas Carols”, in Mansfield Public Schools, retrieved 2011-12-14:
- On the first day of Newtonmas, Sir Isaac gave to me / The acceleration of gravity […]
- 2009 December 14, Galecki, Johnny as Leonard Hofstadter, “The Maternal Congruence”, in The Big Bang Theory, season 3, episode 11, CBS, 1:38 from the start:
- Merry Newtonmas, everyone!
- (humorous) December 25 through January 4, Sir Isaac Newton's birthday (in the Gregorian calendar).
- 2008 December 23, Judson, Olivia, “The 10 Days of Newton”, in The New Your Times: