Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A country on the Balkan Peninsula in Southeast Europe. Official name: Republic of North Macedonia. Capital and largest city: Skopje. Part of Yugoslavia until 1992. The current name was adopted in 2019 to resolve a naming dispute with Greece.
- For quotations using this term, see Citations:North Macedonia.
- (nonstandard) The northern part of the geographical region known as Macedonia.
- (nonstandard) The northern part of the modern Greek province of Macedonia.
- (nonstandard) The northern part of the ancient kingdom of Macedonia.
- Formerly known variously as just Macedonia (especially informally; objected to by Greece), Republic of Macedonia (also objected to by Greece) or former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (in diplomatic circles; abbreviated FYROM).
country in Europe
- (countries of Europe) country of Europe; Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia (Czech Republic), Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City
- Appendix:Countries of the world