Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (computing) Initialism of Optical Character Recognition (the principle) or Optical Character Reader (the scanning device)
- (education, Britain) Initialism of Oxford, Cambridge & RSA (examinations (board))
- (politics, US) Initialism of Office for Civil Rights.
- (religion) Initialism of Office of the Chief Rabbi.
- To perform OCR (optical character recognition).
- Google Book Search is a tool from Google that searches the full text of books that Google scans, OCRs, and stores in its digital database.