Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Obama-con
Audio (AU) (file)
Obamacon (plural Obamacons)
- (US, politics, slang) A conservative (especially a Republican) who supports or supported the election of Barack Obama as president.
- 2008 June 3, E. J. Dionne Jr., “For an 'Obamacon,' Communion Denied”, in The Washington Post:
- Kmiec has drawn attention because he is one of the nation's leading "Obamacons," conservatives who find Obama's call for a new approach to politics appealing.
- 2008 October 23, “The rise of the Obamacons”, in The Economist:
- The rise of the Obamacons is more than a reaction against Mr Bush's remodelling of the Republican Party and Mr McCain's desperation: there were plenty of disillusioned Republicans in 2004 who did not warm to John Kerry.
- 2010, David Limbaugh, Crimes Against Liberty: An Indictment of President Barack Obama, Regnery Publishing, Inc., →ISBN, page 69:
- Even New York Times Obamacon David Brooks acknowledged ObamaCare was "stuffed. . . .with gimmicks and dodges designed to get a good score from the Congressional Budget Office but don't genuinely control runaway spending."