- A specific competition in the Olympics, involving diving off a ten-meter platform from a three-meter springboard.
2000, Timothy Vick, How to Pick Stocks Like Warren Buffett:
- Investors should remember that their scorecard is not computed using Olympic-diving methods: Degree-of-difficulty doesn’t count.
- 2002, Joseph L Badaracco Jr. Leading Quietly :
- Ethical efforts are often best judged like Olympic diving. It is important to compare what people actually accomplish to the degree of difficulty they face.
2003, Michael Graham, chapter XXCC, in Redneck Nation:
- NASCAR on the radio is as stupid as Olympic diving on the radio: “Oooh, look at that splash—oh wait, you can’t. It’s on the radio.”