Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (chiefly US) Characteristic of the artwork of Norman Rockwell, particularly his idealistic, quaint, or sentimental portrayals of American life.
- Synonym: Rockwellian
- 1980. Washington Post, 6 Apr 1980, G1:
- It's an oasis in the midst of a concrete jungle,' said Dowd, a gaunt, ruddy-faced Norman Rockwellesque figure.
- 1994. Vanity Fair, July 1994, 113/1:
- Afterward, there is a Norman Rockwellesque church supper.
- 2001. Modesto Bee, 23 Nov 2001, B8:
- I saw a rather disturbing cartoon on the Opinion page today..a Norman Rockwellesque family sitting down to a serving of bin Laden.
- "Norman Rockwellesque". Oxford English Dictionary. Oxford University Press. 2nd ed. 1989.