The Spanish named a California Mission Santa Clara de Asís after Saint Clare of Assisi in the late 18th century. Eventually the name was extended by linguists to mean the native Tamyen people gathered at the mission and their primary language.
- A city and mission located in Santa Clara County, California, United States.
- The native people of this region.
- The native language spoken in this region.
- A city in the province of Villa Clara, in the middle of Cuba.
- (people): Tamyen, Thamien, Tamien
- (language): Tamyen, Thamien, Tamien
- (Santa Clara, California, USA): Sta. Clara (abbreviation)
- Kroeber, Alfred L. 1925. Handbook of the Indians of California. Washington, D.C: Bureau of American Ethnology Bulletin No. 78.
- Teixeira, Lauren. The Costanoan/Ohlone Indians of the San Francisco and Monterey Bay Area, A Research Guide. Menlo Park, CA: Ballena Press Publication, 1997. ISBN 0-87919-141-4.